A rural Topeka agribusiness was damaged by fire Tuesday morning.
According to Stuart Bender of the Topeka Fire Department, firefighters responded to a duck house fire at 8:30 a.m. at 9555 W. 600 South.
Bender said a 40-by-50 foot barn attached to a 300-by-50 foot duck rearing building was on the property. A diesel generator in the barn caught fire, according to Bender and firefighters contained the blaze to the generator room. He estimated the damage at $20,000.
Firefighters from Topeka, Millersburg, Shipshewana and Clinton Township responded to the fire.
• Edward McCourt, 16510 Ind. 120, Bristol, told Elkhart County police that someone stole a bicycle and three metal conveyors from his property between 8 a.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday.
• Alma Pletcher, 409 E. Purl St., told Goshen police Monday that someone entered her unattached garage and took her purse from her vehicle.
• An employee of 7-Eleven, 1000 S. Main St., told Goshen police Tuesday that two males took a donation jar of money from the store.
• Leslie Marquez-Taber of Goshen told Goshen police Monday that she was the victim of identity deception.
• Elkhart County police said a blue GMC Jimmy driven by Kent Miller, 56, 710 N. Main St., Goshen, went off the road Friday and collided with a telephone pole in the area of C.R. 42 and U.S. 33. The crash occurred around 3:38 p.m. Authorities allege that Miller drove away from the crash scene before being located by Goshen police. He was cited and released.