Elkhart County Sheriff’s detectives Wednesday arrested 20-year-old Travion D. Kirkland at his residence in Roseland, Ind. on a murder warrant. The investigation, which stemmed from the April 16, 2012 death of 21-year-old Jesse L. Bowen at his residence on Best Avenue, Elkhart, resulted in the issuance of the murder warrant. Kirkland is currently detained at the Elkhart County jail.
• A Syracuse woman was injured when she lost control of her vehicle in the snow at 10:25 p.m. Tuesday on U.S. 6 near New Paris. According to Elkhart County police, Katelynn Jessie, 23, Syracuse, was driving her vehicle eastbound on U.S. 6, just west of C.R. 127, when her vehicle exited the north side of the roadway and entered a ditch after losing control on the snow-covered roadway. Jessie suffered chest pain as a result of the crash. No citations were issued.
• Scott Reinhart, 51, 1758 Lincolnway East, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:24 a.m. Wednesday at his residence on a charge of domestic battery. He was booked into the county jail.
• William VanderMaas, 1425 Greencroft Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole several items from his residence at 5:13 p.m. Monday.
• Brandon T. Anderson, 4363 Balsam Fir Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police his residence was burglarized at 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• An employee of Waterford Crossing, 1212 Waterford Crossing, Goshen, reported a case of criminal mischief to Goshen police that occurred at approximately 7 a.m. Dec. 24.
• Carmen Martinez, 1505 West Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police a friend’s vehicle was scratched while parked in front of her residence at 8 a.m. Monday.
• Timothy McPherson, 30, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:27 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Elkhart and Peddlers Village roads on a charge of leaving the scene of a property damage accident. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Stacy N. Kincaid, 31, 1306 Cedarbrook Ct., Apt. G, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:59 a.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of East Lincoln Avenue, Goshen, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with refusal of a certified chemical breath test. She was booked into the county jail.