THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — Several crashes were reported by the Elkhart County police:
• A driver was injured in a two-vehicle crash at C.R. 18, east of C.R. 27 near Goshen. The collision occurred at 4:39 p.m. Wednesday. The plow on the front of a 1995 Chevrolet Blazer driven by Jeffery Collins, 33, Elkhart, hit snow causing the vehicle to slide sideways and struck the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan driven by Shirley Shapland, 52, Elkhart. Shapland was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of pain to the neck. No citations were issued.
• A 2004 Dodge Ram 1500K driven by Derek M. Lay, 42, Bristol slid in the snow and slush in a business parking lot at 58277 Ind. 19. The pickup struck a pedestrian’s arm, Eduardo DeLeon, 45, Mishawaka, who was standing outside his vehicle. The crash occurred at 2:40 p.m. Wednesday. DeLeon sought his own medical treatment and no tickets were issued.
• A Goshen driver was injured after being rear ended in a two-vehicle collision at Ind. 19 and C.R. 28 near Elkhart. The crash occurred at 1:32 p.m. Wednesday. The 2002 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Luke Miller, 19, Nappanee, was traveling too fast on the snowy road, slid and collided with the 2006 Chevrolet Impala driven by Charles White, 40, Goshen. White was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of back pain. Miller was ticketed for conditions requiring driving at reduced speeds.
• Employees at Bath and Body Works, 3842 Midway Road, Goshen, told Goshen police a male stole 10 bottles of perfume at 1 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jay Ritchie of Bristol told Elkhart County police someone used his credit card number to make two unauthorized transactions totaling $444.12 sometime Jan. 2 at a Target in Buford, Ga.
• Tracy Gaskill, 51, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of leaving the scene of a property damage crash at 3:59 p.m. Wednesday at Lincoln Avenue and Eighth Street in Goshen. Gaskill was cited and released to the Goshen City Court.
• Brandon John Taylor, 24, 2331 Lane Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving with a prior suspended license and had a warrant for driving while a suspended-prior through the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department. Taylor was stopped for a seat belt violation on U.S. 33 at C.R. 20 in Elkhart at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Adam P. Burnworth, 29, Nappanee, was arrested by Elkhart city police Jan. 31 on a charge of driving while being a habitual traffic violator. The incident took place in the area of Thomas and Franklin streets, according to the police report. Burnworth was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.