Several thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police:
• Staff at Northridge High School, 56799 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone stole an iPod Touch between 5 and 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The iPod was in a bag in the men’s locker room at the time of theft.
• Derik Drake, 201 N. Cottage, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole $80 from his locker between 4:15 Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday.
• Brandon Huff of Goshen told Goshen police someone stole his wallet at Ares Fitness, 201 Chicago Ave., Sunday.
• Lori Sanders, 50858 Oak Tree Lane, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone stole three portable barns between Sept. 30, 2013, and Feb. 3.
• George Mansaray of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone stole his gray and black Apple iPhone 5 from Grace Community Church, 20076 C.R. 36, Goshen, Monday. Mansaray had set the phone on a bench in the gym while playing basketball.
• Employees at Goshen Electric, 804 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police they were the victims of a recent fraud.
• Phillip Howell, 1822 Westplains Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole groceries from his vehicle and damaged a mirror sometime Jan. 19.
• Brittany N. Miller, 19, 208 Winchester Trails, Goshen, and Audrey S. Glanders, 20, 18979 Third St., New Paris, were arrested by Goshen police on theft charges at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Monday. They were both released on signed memorandums to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Christina Anderson, 1609 S. Tenth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a Moneygram order valued at $185 from her van Monday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• John Huber of Goshen told Goshen police someone damaged his Jeep Grand Cherokee in the parking lot of Menards, 1925 Lincolnway East, Goshen, while he was shopping Sunday.
• John Charlton, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a mud-flap from his vehicle recently.
Dale Shepherd, 29, 208 Dewey Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of interference with crime report after police were sent to his residence early Monday morning. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Cory P. Scott, 36, 59192 Lower Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of leaving the scene of a property damage crash. The incident occurred around 11:50 a.m. Sunday. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Police recently arrested the following motorists on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• James L. McCreary, 44, 51576 C.R. 9, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic on C.R. 20 west of Benham Avenue in Elkhart around 12:15 a.m. Friday. In addition to the OWI, McCreary was arrested on a charge of driving while his license privileges were suspended. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Jason Hummer, 27, 414 W. Wood Road, Goshen, was after a crash at the intersection of C.R. 17 and Old U.S. 20 around 8 p.m. Saturday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Johan Rodriguez-Ortega, 25, 508 Middlebury St. F35, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 10:08 p.m. Monday on Bristol Street near Jeanwood Drive in Elkhart. In addition to the OWI, he was arrested on a charge of driving while being a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.