A passenger and two drivers suffered injuries in a two-vehicle crash at U.S. 6 and C.R. 29, near New Paris Friday at 4:19 p.m.
According to Elkhart County police, a 2012 Toyota 4D driven by Brent Poe, 56, Goshen, disregarded the stop sign at the intersection and struck a 2002 Jeep UT driven by Michael J. Pope, 65, Chardon, Ohio.
Poe complained of a possible broken finger but was released at the scene.
Pope was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of head and neck pain. His passenger, Nadine M. Pope, 63, Chardon, Ohio, was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital and later to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne with a fracture to her spine.
Poe was ticketed for disregarding a stop sign.
Four injured in crash
Four people were injured in a two-vehicle crash at C.R. 13 and C.R. 50, near Nappanee Friday.
The crash occurred at 4:30 p.m.
According to Elkhart County police, a 1997 Dodge Caravan driven by Jacqueline Gomez, 18, Ligonier, failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign, entered the intersection and pulled out in front of a 1997 Chevrolet Blazer driven by Daniel B. Santistevan, 29, Nappanee.
Gomez was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of head pain. Three passengers in the Dodge Caravan were transported to Elkhart General Hospital: Jasmine Rangal, 16, Ligonier; Gloria Alvarez, 42, Ligonier; and Guadelaupe Rangal, 8, Ligonier. They were treated for head pain.
Gomez was ticketed for failure to yield the right of way.
Two injured when vehicles collide
Two people were injured in a two-vehicle collision at Ind. 19 and U.S. 20 in Elkhart Friday.
The crash occurred at 3:58 p.m.
Elkhart County police said a 2002 Honda Civic driven by Irvin Paz, 17, Goshen, failed to yield the right of way and collided with a 2003 Ford Explorer driven by Jeannie Grove, 44, Mishawaka.
Grove was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of pain to her left shoulder. A passenger, Joel Grove, 44, was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of pain to his right shoulder and lower back.
Paz was cited for failure to yield right of way at an intersection.
• A hit-and-run accident near the intersection of Eisenhower North and Lincolnway East involving an SUV and a horse-drawn buggy was reported to Goshen police at 12:38 p.m. Friday.
The vehicle was located at Regent Square Apartments and Joshua Lundeen, 26, 126 Winchester Trails, Goshen, was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, leaving the scene of a property damage accident and driving with a suspended license. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• A corrections officer with the Elkhart County Work Release Center, 201 N. Cottage Ave, Goshen, said he caught an inmate in alleged possession of narcotics contraband at 8:50 a.m. Wednesday. Elkhart County police submitted the substance as evidence for testing.
• A corrections officer with the Elkhart County Work Release Center, 201 N. Cottage Ave, Goshen, told Elkhart County police of reportedly finding an inmate in possession of marijuana at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Harry W. Bice, 20, was stopped in the area of C.R. 17 and C.R. 45 in Goshen by Elkhart County police for reportedly driving left of center in a black 1998 Pontiac Sunfire. He was arrested on a charge of illegally consuming an alcoholic beverage and cited into court.
• Two 15-year-old boys were found to be out past curfew without parental permission at 11:50 p.m. Thursday by Elkhart County police. One was cited for possession of tobacco and both were referred to Juvenile Court for a curfew violation.
• Goshen police were dispatched to Subway, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, of possible drug activity inside the restroom of their establishement at 11:59 a.m. Friday.
• Goshen police located a one-pot meth lab within the city at 8:47 p.m. Friday. The Indiana State Police lab tam was contacted for cleanup.
Disorderly conduct reports and arrests
• A 17-year-old boy was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of disorderly conduct while at Goshen’s First Fridays event after being asked to stop yelling and causing a scene at 8:35 p.m. Friday. The boy refused to leave the downtown area and was then arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct. The boy was released to his parent.
• Jose Cervantes, 34, 197 Winchester Trails, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on theft and identity deception charges at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen at 5:35 p.m. Thursday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Temisa Demerly, Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke into her vehicle and stole items at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• A loss prevention employee of Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, told Goshen police two men entered the store and selected more than $400 in alcohol and attempted to leave the store without paying at 3:42 a.m. Friday. The two males left the items in the store and left toward Elkhart.
• Shawn Slabaugh, 8005 N. 1125 West, Shipshewana, told LaGrange County police someone broke into his residence and stole $100 in cash and a black lock box at 2 a.m. Thursday.
• Jeanne Russell of Union, Mich., told Goshen police someone broke out the driver’s side window of her 2004 Chevy Impala and took her wallet that was sitting on the center console at while it was parked at 2220 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 1:30 p.m. Friday.
• Elise Garber, Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered her vehicle and took a bracelet and Emergency Roadside Kit at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Angela Lemarr, 1101 West Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a bicycle from her property. A 15-year-old was later arrested on a charge of theft of the bicycle and released to the custody of his parent at 9:42 p.m. Friday.
• A loss prevention employee at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a male left the store without paying for a bottle of Patron Tequila at 2 a.m. Saturday. Police arrived and were unable to locate the person.
Vandalism/criminal mischief/other reports
• A Goshen police officer on patrol saw that a traffic control sign had been vandalized at 15th and Douglas streets Thursday.
• Gerald Gerzeski, 1112 E. Plymouth Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized his residence at 10:38 p.m. Thursday. Two windows at the residence were damaged by what appeared to be a BB gun bullet.
• Lexus Kantz, 1502 Winstead Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police a someone she knew was outside her residence smashing a window and banging on the door. Police arrived and the person left. That person was later found and a report for the damage was taken at 12:35 a.m. Friday.
• Janice Soard, 919 Colorado St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized her residence at 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Jericah Bolton of Elkhart told Goshen police someone slashed the tire to her 2003 Dodge Neon while parked at Wendy’s, 900 W. Pike St., Goshen, at 8:30 p.m. Friday.
• Arlene Heaberlin of Goshen told Goshen police that her 2003 Dodge Caravan was damaged while going through the automatic car wash at 1819 Lincolnway East at 9:06 p.m. Friday.
• Elizabeth Rock, 112 S. Fifth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone attempted to gain entry to her apartment through a window but was unsuccessful at 3:16 a.m. Saturday. Police arrived and were unable to locate the person.
• Todd Gledhill of Syracuse told Elkhart County police someone charged $2,105.55 on his credit card without his permission Thursday.