Three individuals are now in custody on multiple drug-related charges following the search of a LaGrange County home Saturday.
According to LaGrange County police, officers were conducting an investigation at 7745 N. 1100 East after receiving several tips that methamphetamine was being both used and manufactured at the residence.
As officers approached the residence to make contact, they reportedly witnessed a juvenile subject through an open window smoking from what appeared to be a glass methamphetamine pipe. The juvenile was accompanied by two adults, Michele Ward and Brenda Padgett.
Officers made contact with the two adults, and a search of the residence took place. Officers located two glass smoking pipes as well as a small baggy of white powdery substance that field tested positive for methamphetamine.
Ward was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a common nuisance and neglect of a dependent. Padgett was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and visiting a common nuisance. Both Ward and Padgett were booked into the LaGrange County jail.
The juvenile subject was taken into custody by LaGrange County Probation and charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and visiting a common nuisance.
• Zachary Kruse, Goshen, told Goshen police someone took his iPhone5 without permission while at 2616 Martin Manor Drive, Goshen, at 7:15 a.m. Saturday.
• Mason Tevis, Fort Wayne, told Goshen police someone entered his locked vehicle while it was parked at 1013 William Drive, Goshen, at 6:30 p.m. Friday and removed several items.
• David George, Goshen, told Goshen police his laptop computer was stolen at 2:30 p.m. Friday while he was at the Elkhart County Clubhouse, 114 S. Fifth St., Goshen.
• Jay Tulledge, store manager of Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police he noticed someone had stolen two cases of Bud Light beer from the store at 1:48 p.m. Saturday.
• Juan Ortega, Chicago, told Goshen police someone stole items from his car while it was parked at the Hernandez Event and Party Center, 2408 Eisenhower Drive N., Goshen, at 10:33 p.m. Saturday. Ortega noted that several other vehicles parked at the center were also entered at around the same time.
• Goshen police reported finding a 27-year-old male lying on the ground semi-unconscious and bleeding profusely after responding to a call about a fight at 425 N. Ninth St., Goshen, at 3:22 a.m. Sunday. The victim was air-lifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital for treatment. The case remains under investigation.
• Benjamin D. Irvine, 36, 2275 S. Lake Sharon Road, Warsaw, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:28 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Rieth Boulevard and C.R. 17, Goshen, on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was booked into the county jail.
• Vincente Vargas, 38, 616 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:59 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Beaver and Wilden on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. He was booked into the county jail.