Thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police:
• An employee at Grand Design RV, 11333 C.R. 2, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police that between Dec. 19 and Monday, someone broke into several recreation vehicles. Electronics were stolen and the RV units were damaged.
• A 60-year-old Middlebury woman told Elkhart County police she was defrauded out of about $3,000 in a sweepstakes scam this month. The woman told police she paid what she was told were fees in order to claim a prize.
• Mounir Abdul-Karim, 29, no address given, was arrested by Elkhart County police after allegedly driving recklessly in the area of U.S. 20 and C.R. 17 around 4:36 p.m. Monday. Police said he was found to be in possession of marijuana. Abdul-Karim was cited and released on a promise to appear in court.
• Marvin J. Gates, 34, 201 Cottage Ave., Goshen, was arrested after he allegedly fled from Goshen police after being ordered to stop. The incident began around noon in the 100 block of East Jefferson Street. He was arrested on charges of theft and resisting law enforcement and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Christopher J. Jarvis, 38, 1310 S. 14th St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 4:32 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Ind. 15 and C.R. 46. In addition to the OWI, Jarvis was also arrested on a charge of driving while being a habitual traffic violator.