A manager at a Goshen clothing store recently reported that an employee was stealing.
Oghene Okagbare, manager of Rue 21, 3842 Midway Road, Goshen, reported a theft by an employee to Goshen police at 4:50 p.m. Thursday.
• Richard Laverns, 54974 C.R. 27, Bristol, filed a report with Elkhart County police at 10:39 a.m. Thursday indicating that his business received four fraudulent checks from November to December 2013 from a company based out of Uganda. Laverns told police he shipped merchandise to the company and later found that the checks used to purchase the merchandise were fraudulent.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Tammie Harris, Middlebury, told Goshen police someone scratched her vehicle while it was parked in the 100 block of North Main Street, Goshen, at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Maxis Sullivan, 19, 210 S. Cottage Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:29 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of North Eighth Street on a charge of misdemeanor possession of marijuana. William Pratchett, 21, 540 Spruce St., Hammond, was also arrested on charges of misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia. Both Sullivan and Pratchett were booked into the county jail.
• Jeremy Holliday, 27, 1635 N. Shore Drive, Wolcottville, was arrested by LaGrange County police Thursday on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia; maintaining a common nuisance and driving with a suspended driver’s license.
• Tomas Rivera-Duran, 23, 2932 Elkhart Road, Apt. 311, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 11:50 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of U.S. 33 and Chicago Avenue in Goshen on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and driving while never having received a driver’s license. He was booked into the county jail.