THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — A Goshen man was killed in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of U.S. 20 and 600 West in LaGrange County Wednesday. The collision occurred at 6:20 a.m. According to LaGrange County police, a 2006 Chevy pickup driven by Harvey S. Borntrager disregarded a stop sign for unknown reasons at U.S. 20. Borntrager crashed into a dump truck driven by Elmer J. Yoder, 56, LaGrange. Borntrager died at the scene. The crash remains under investigation by the Indiana State police and LaGrange County police.
No age was given for Borntrager.
Driver hurt in collision
A driver was injured in a two-vehicle collision at Ind. 12 and C.R. 20 near Middlebury Tuesday. The crash occurred at 5:32 p.m. According to Elkhart County police, a 1997 GMC Savana driven by Harvey Miller, 83, Middlebury, rear ended the 2007 Nissan Armada driven by Katherine Schrock, 33, Middlebury. Miller was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for bleeding to face and hand. He was ticketed for traveling at an unsafe speed.
• John William Weaver, Goshen, told Goshen police someone used his identity to buy medication at 4 p.m. Dec. 12.
• Lowell Davis, 613 Mercer Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone came to his door and could not be located after police arrived at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday.
• Debbie Kaufman, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the door to a storage building belonging to Plymouth United Church of Christ, 912 S. Sixth St., Goshen, sometime Dec. 10.
• Matthew Thayer, 102 1/2 Olive St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered his apartment and stole his television while he was at work sometime Tuesday.
• Verizon Wireless, 2712 Caragana Court, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a cell phone from their sales floor at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Battery reports and arrests
• Staff at Goshen Community Schools told Goshen police an elementary student struck a staff member at 10 a.m. Monday.
• Ruben Macias, 29, 2918 Arbutus St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of battery in the presence of a minor, strangulation and interference in reporting a crime after officers were called to 628 Pringle Drive, Goshen, on a domestic fight, The incident occurred at 10:47 a.m. Tuesday. The victim reported she had been pushed causing her to strike her head.