Rodney Yoder was transported to Memorial Hospital South Bend for treatment of his injuries, which police said weren’t life-threatening. The other people hurt in the crash were transported to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment.
• A passenger was hurt in a five-vehicle crash Friday night on U.S. 20 west of Ind. 15.
The mishap occurred shortly before 6:30 p.m. Police said an eastbound 2001 Dodge Ram pickup truck driven by Perry M. Snyder, 88, LaPorte, rear-ended a 1999 Saturn driven by Shelby M. Nickel, 20, Bristol. The Saturn then collided with the rear of a 2002 Ford Taurus driven by Andrea M. Armstrong, 27, Bremen.
Police said the Snyder vehicle continued traveling east, sideswiping a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder driven by Cynthia Carpenter, 21, Bremen. The Dodge then crashed into a 2001 GMC box truck hauled by a 2004 International tow truck driven by Ricky L. Luther, 47, Goshen.
A passenger in the Snyder vehicle, Vera S. Howard, 64, LaPorte, suffered neck pain as a result of the multi-vehicle collision.
• Christine Guth of Goshen told Goshen police Friday that someone used her credit card without her permission to make purchases over the Internet.
• Larry Elswick of Goshen told Goshen police Friday that an attempt was make to defraud him.
• Bobby Jo Stinnett of Goshen reported a scam to Goshen police Friday.
• Franklin Creech, 43, 610 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Saturday after allegedly taking items from the CVS store at 410 S. Main St. The police report lists the incident time as 12:23 a.m. Creech was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Leslie R. Herman, 46, 57337 Horseshoe Court, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:20 p.m. Friday at Plymouth Avenue and Emerson Street. Herman was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana and released on a memorandum to appear in court.