• Rachelle Castro, Cromwell, told Goshen police her purse was stolen while shopping at Kroger, 209 Chicago Ave., Goshen, at 4:30 p.m. Castro noted that following the theft, someone reportedly used her debit card to make an unauthorized purchase.
• Alejranda Uribe, Jesus Perez-Esparsa, John Cybulski and Manuel Rodriguez told Goshen police they all had their cars entered and damaged at around 5:45 a.m. Friday while parked at 901 E. Madison St., Goshen.
• Shawn P. Shrock, 32, 608 Morningstar Court, Middlebury, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:46 p.m. Friday while at the Walmart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway E., Goshen, on a charge of theft. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Anne Wilson, Goshen, told Goshen police that two credit cards and a vehicle were recently obtained by an unknown person using her information fraudulently.
• Goshen police were informed that a small baggie containing marijuana had been found outside of the front door of the Lanes Gas Station, 1010 W. Plymouth Ave., Goshen, at 1:10 p.m. Saturday. A report was taken.
• Adrian Garcia, 20, 2229 Thorndale Court, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:18 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of North Third Street, Goshen, on a charge of possession of marijuana. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Robert Smith, 26, 2021 Morehouse Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:49 p.m. Friday in the 1400 block of Fairfield Avenue on a charge of public intoxication. He was booked into the county jail.
• Carol S. Finchum, 50, 804 S. 13th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:40 p.m. Saturday in the 1300 block of East Plymouth Avenue, Goshen, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. She was booked into the county jail.
• Irasema Ramirez, 32, 901 Dearborn St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 2:56 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Elkhart and Peddlers Village roads on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. She was booked into the county jail.
- Police News
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- Two break-ins reported Police investigated calls of break-ins recently.
- Fatal crash remains under investigation Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man. Investigators are seeking information about another vehicle that might have been in the area at the time of the collision.
Police: Vehicle in fatal crash was traveling at more than 100 mph
Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man.
- No cause yet for Friday blaze No cause has been determined in the blaze firefighters say heavily damaged a home northeast of Goshen Friday night.
- Two injured in crash on Ind. 15 Two people were injured in a single-vehicle crash on Ind. 15, south of C.R. 14 near Bristol Saturday. The crash occurred at 5 p.m. According to Elkhart County police, a 2004 Ford F-150 driven by Michael Norton, 50, Colon, Mich., left the roadway and
- More Police News Headlines