Driver hurt in SUV crash
A Goshen woman was injured Sunday when her vehicle slammed into a concrete barrier.
Goshen police said the collision occurred at 4:09 p.m. on the Ind. 15 overpass north of U.S. 33. A 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Maria Ortega Serna, 18, Goshen, was headed south when it struck the barrier. The crash caused the vehicle to turn over onto its passenger side.
Serna suffered facial lacerations as a result of the collision, according to police. She was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
Standoff ends peaceably
An hour-and-a-half long police standoff at a gas station ended peaceably Tuesday at approximately 4:53 a.m.
According to Elkhart County police, officers responded to the parking lot of the Speedway Gas Station, 57766 Ind. 19 in reference to a suicidal man who was inside a vehicle armed with a handgun. Marc McGuffy, 24, Elkhart, was later taken into custody.
McGuffy was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for a 24-hour psychiatric evaluation. Elkhart city police assisted during the incident.
Goshen man hurt in
A Goshen man suffered minor injuries in a collision at 7:08 p.m. Monday, a mile-and-a-half west of city limits of Goshen.
According to Elkhart County police, motorcyclist John Leatherman, 21, Goshen, was traveling eastbound on C.R. 38, west of C.R. 21. A second vehicle, driven by Keith Miller, 65, New Paris, was traveling eastbound on C.R. 38, west of C.R. 21 and towing two orange gravity grain bins.
Police indicated Leatherman’s motorcycle collided into the rear of the trailer.
Leatherman was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of facial lacerations. No citations were issued.
• Craig Garber of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone burglarized his father’s home at 16379 C.R. 36. The burglary occurred between 4 p.m. Thursday and 1 p.m. Friday. A generator and mowing tractor were taken.
• Amber Weaver told Elkhart County police Friday that someone removed a bottle of prescription medication from 18440 C.R. 46, New Paris. The theft occurred between 10:16 a.m. Oct. 18 and 9:01 p.m. Oct. 19.
• Staffers at Sun Homes, 61108 C.R. 17, Goshen, told Elkhart County police an unknown person stole a gas flex line hose that was used for their main office. The theft occurred at approximately 6 p.m. Thursday
• Barbara Berkey of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone used her information to charge $338 in equipment to her Verizon wireless account Sept. 19 and 21. The equipment was picked up at the Verizon store, 505 W. Douglas Road, Mishawaka.
• Michael Blakesley of Bristol told Elkhart County police someone burglarized several barns on his deceased mother’s property at 52395 C.R. 29. Hand tools and scrap metal were taken. The burglary occurred between 6 p.m. Saturday and 6 p.m. Sunday, according to the police report.
• An employee with Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a 17-year-old female and a 14-year-old, both residents, battered each other at approximately 2:15 p.m. Monday. One of the females sustained minor scratches to her face.
• A student at Goshen High School reported being battered by another student to Goshen police. The incident occurred around noon Monday.
• A Goshen man told city police that at approximately 8:40 a.m. Monday, while he was in the 1000 block of North Indiana Avenue, he was threatened by two young males.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Troy Dabney of Goshen told Elkhart County police damage to the women’s rest room door at Rogers Park, 102 Chicago Ave., Goshen, Monday.
• Jacqueline Miller, 512 S. Eighth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke the passenger side window on her van at approximately 3:28 p.m.
• David J. Burkholder, 20, 214 N. Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County after a traffic stop at 11:05 p.m. Friday on C.R. 20 west of C.R. 3. He was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana, false informing, neglect of a dependant and on two warrants. Burkholder was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Brian Yoder, 19, and Mervin Miller, 19, no addresses given, were cited by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop at 1:55 a.m. on East County Line Road south of C.R. 40 near Millersburg. Yoder and Miller were cited on charges of illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages. Yoder was also cited on a charge of transportation of alcohol by a minor. They were released at the scene.
• Elkhart County police said they discovered an underage drinking party at 1613 S. Main St., Goshen, around 10:10 p.m. Friday. Police cited Michael Akiliu, 19, Kirshnam Ganesan, 20 and Vasanthkumar Palanisamy, 19, on charges of illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages. They were released at the scene.
Robert J. Fritz, 47, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated after a one-vehicle crash at 4:24 p.m. Saturday.
The crash occurred on C.R. 18 west of C.R. 31 near Middlebury. Police said Fritz drove off the road into trees. In addition to the OWI charge, Fritz was also arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana.
Driver hurt in SUV crash
- Police News
UPDATE: Four people injured in four-vehicle U.S. 20 crash
A four-vehicle crash injured four people north of Goshen Sunday afternoon. Police said one of the drivers involved suffered life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. on U.S. 20 east of C.R. 21.
UPDATE: Westview crash victim in critical condition
A Westview High School student remained hospitalized in critical condition today following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition this afternoon.
Three people hurt in crash, driver arrested
Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle crash north of Millersburg early this morning. One driver was subsequently arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Crash reported north of Goshen
Injuries have been reported in a traffic collision that happened north of Goshen earlier this afternoon.
- Several burglaries reported in Goshen Several thefts and burglaries were recently reported in Goshen, according to city police:
- Westview teen remains critical after wreck A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- Middlebury meth lab busted Monday Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
- More Police News Headlines
- UPDATE: Four people injured in four-vehicle U.S. 20 crash