THE GOSHEN NEWS
Boss Crosslin, 33, Elkhart, pleaded guilty Friday in federal court in South Bend to felony offense of wire fraud in a scheme to defraud the Indiana Department of Workforce Development into paying $24,358 in unemployment benefits while he was employed, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Sentencing has been set for Jan. 24.
Charges were filed as a result of an investigation by the Department of Labor, Office of Labor-Management Standards. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Diane Berkowitz.
Goshen man sentenced on child porn charge
Stephen Sachs, 52, Goshen, was sentenced Friday by Federal District Judge Robert Miller Jr. in South Bend to 72 months in prison and five years of supervised release after pleading guilty to the felony offense of possession of child pornography.
According to the U.S. District Attorney’s Office, police obtained a search warrant that was executed at Sachs’ home to seize all of the computers and electronic storage devices located there. Police found that Sachs had collected 10,149 digital still images and 55 videos for a total of 14,274 images, according to the U.S. District Attorney’s Office.
The Indiana Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, including the United States Secret Service and the Elkhart County Police Department, investigated the case.
• Donald Hodges, 75, 113 S. 27th St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup at 11 p.m. Thursday. It was later recovered on C.R. 33 southeast of Goshen.
• Officials with Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc., 2402 Dierdorff Road, Goshen, told Goshen police a travel trailer was stolen from the property at 5 p.m. Oct. 1.
• Shane Matthews, 20, 58604 C.R. 111, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 12:30 p.m. Friday while at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, on a charge of theft. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Officials with the Goshen Parks Department told Goshen police someone spray painted one of their buildings at 411 W. Plymouth Avenue at approximately 4 p.m. Thursday.
• Officials with Gleason Industrial Products, Goshen, told Goshen police someone spray painted one their buildings at 612 E. Reynolds, Goshen, at 5 p.m. Thursday.