A Ligonier man was arrested after a one-vehicle crash just south of Goshen Wednesday night.
The collision occurred around 10 p.m. Elkhart County police said Aaron J. Cart, 20, 703 S. Martin St., was the driver of a vehicle that struck a utility pole along Ind. 15, north of C.R. 42.
Cart was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail. Police said a drug recognition evaluation indicated Cart was under the influence of synthetic marijuana.
• Lydia Billings of Elkhart told Goshen police Thursday that someone stole several items from her parked vehicle at 2626 Alpine Fir Lane.
• Lorenzo Attkinsson, 20, 54686 C.R. 19 Lot 425, Bristol, and two juveniles were arrested by Goshen police on theft-related charges Thursday at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road. Attkinsson was released on a memorandum to appear in court. The juveniles were released to a parent.
• A 16-year-old Elkhart resident was arrested after trying to shoplift at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road. Goshen police said the youth was later released to a parent.
• Adam W. Hoopingarner, 34, 26173 Leland Road, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police Friday on a charge of domestic battery in the presence of a minor. The incident took place shortly after midnight at Reliance Road and Willow Way, according to the police report. Hoopingarner was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Dale Suver of Goshen told Goshen police Friday that someone damaged his 2003 Ford Windstar while the vehicle was parked at 1611 S. 14th St.
The following motorists were arrested, and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail, on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated
• Ben Mausar III, 21, 53087 Monteray Drive, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 3:12 a.m. Friday on Franklin Street east of Ind. 19.