Smith was incarcerated in the Kosciusko County Jail on a $10,000 bond.
• Chad Hodges of Lexington, N.C., told Goshen police Wednesday that someone stole his smoker while he was staying at the Hampton Inn, 1968 Lincolnway East.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A Goshen patrol officer on Wednesday saw that a Dewey Avenue street sign had been defaced with graffiti.
• Lynwood Drive resident Karen Andrews told Goshen police Wednesday that someone tampered with and damaged the door knob to her bedroom.
The following motorists were recently arrested, and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail, on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Lawrence Cummings, 41, 55124 C.R. 131, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police Wednesday. Police said that around 8:30 p.m. Cummings was found to be operating a vehicle was stopped on C.R. 108 east of C.R. 131, obstructing traffic. Cummings was later found to have a blood-alcohol content of 0.46 percent, police said.
• Alan Arnold, 51, 15677 C.R. 42, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a vehicle crash that occurred on C.R. 17 north of C.R. 45 around 3:43 a.m. Thursday.
• Tobias Mullet, 25, 802 Bainbridge Place, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 2:22 a.m. Thursday on C.R. 38 east of C.R. 19.
• Joshua A. Lepponen-Wilson, 28, Cassopolis, Mich., was cited and released by Elkhart County police Thursday on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Lepponen-Wilson was cited after a traffic stop by police on C.R. 4 east of C.R. 33 around 1:40 a.m.