A 45-year-old Goshen man told police he was chased Wednesday while he was on his scooter.
The incident took place around 2 p.m. on East Madison Street, according to the Goshen police report. The man said he was chased by someone driving a car and forced off the road twice. The man told police that once he’d arrived at a gas station, he was chased on a foot by a woman wielding a hammer. The woman also reportedly damaged the man’s scooter.
• A driver was injured when a sheet of snow and ice broke through a windshield Thursday.
The mishap occurred on U.S. 3 east of C.R. 25, southeast of New Paris. Elkhart County police said Jon Hollon, 38, Warsaw, was driving east in a 2000 Mitsubishi box truck. A sheet of snow and ice fell from a westbound semi, breaking through the front window of the Mitsubishi and hitting Hollon.
Hollon suffered multiple lacerations to his face and a possible concussion. He was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
• A Syracuse woman was hurt in a one-vehicle crash four miles west of Elkhart Thursday.
The mishap occurred around 11:14 a.m. on U.S. 20 east of C.R. 1. Elkhart County police said Patricia Pomroy, 59, was driving west in a 2013 Toyota Avalon. She lost control of the automobile on standing water and the vehicle struck a median wall.
Pomroy suffered left shoulder pain and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital.
Man arrested on drug charge
Police arrested a Milford man Wednesday after he allegedly sold oxycodone to undercover officers.
Shane A. Smith, 26, was taken into custody by Kosciusko County Drug Task Force officers and Sheriff’s Department deputies. He was arrested on a felony charge of dealing in a Schedule I controlled substance.
Drug Task Force officers said undercover police had made previous purchases of prescription medication from Smith while he resided in Syracuse.
Smith was incarcerated in the Kosciusko County Jail on a $10,000 bond.
• Chad Hodges of Lexington, N.C., told Goshen police Wednesday that someone stole his smoker while he was staying at the Hampton Inn, 1968 Lincolnway East.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A Goshen patrol officer on Wednesday saw that a Dewey Avenue street sign had been defaced with graffiti.
• Lynwood Drive resident Karen Andrews told Goshen police Wednesday that someone tampered with and damaged the door knob to her bedroom.
The following motorists were recently arrested, and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail, on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Lawrence Cummings, 41, 55124 C.R. 131, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police Wednesday. Police said that around 8:30 p.m. Cummings was found to be operating a vehicle was stopped on C.R. 108 east of C.R. 131, obstructing traffic. Cummings was later found to have a blood-alcohol content of 0.46 percent, police said.
• Alan Arnold, 51, 15677 C.R. 42, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a vehicle crash that occurred on C.R. 17 north of C.R. 45 around 3:43 a.m. Thursday.
• Tobias Mullet, 25, 802 Bainbridge Place, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 2:22 a.m. Thursday on C.R. 38 east of C.R. 19.
• Joshua A. Lepponen-Wilson, 28, Cassopolis, Mich., was cited and released by Elkhart County police Thursday on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Lepponen-Wilson was cited after a traffic stop by police on C.R. 4 east of C.R. 33 around 1:40 a.m.