An employee from a Tennessee-based mental health help line reported to Goshen police Thursday that Goshen resident had made threatening comments against President Barack Obama. Police spoke with the local resident, and don’t believe the threats are credible.
• Jacki Lambert of Goshen reported a theft from a parked car to Goshen police Thursday. The vehicle was parked in the 800 block of South Main Street when the theft occurred.
• Carolyn Royer of Goshen reported an attempted fraud to Goshen police Thursday.
• Goshen police were called to Lincolnway Sales, 500 Lincolnway East, Thursday regarding a theft. While police were at the scene, it was also discovered a that a parked vehicle had been struck.
• Beverly Gainey of Goshen told Goshen police Wednesday that she was the victim of identity theft.
• Blake Miller of Elkhart reported a check forgery to Goshen police Wednesday.
• Lidia Rodriguez of Goshen told city police that someone stole her cell phone while she was at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Wednesday.
• A 65-year-old Goshen man reported a scam to Elkhart County police Wednesday. The man said he was contacted via email by a business in Norco, Calif., and offered a lower mortgage and interest rate on his homeowner’s loan. The business required a fee to start the loan process. The man said he sent $1,200 to the business and received no reply.
• An employee at the Elkhart Work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police Wednesday that inmates broke into a vending machine and took money from the change box.
A 12-year-old student at Northridge Middle School, 56691 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, made verbal threats toward other students at the school Wednesday, Elkhart County police reported.
A 28-year-old Goshen man told city police Wednesday he was robbed of $11 by someone to whom he owed money. The incident reportedly occurred in the 200 block of Crescent Street. The victim was reportedly struck in the eye.
Two students got into a fight at Goshen High School, 401 Lincolnway East, around 11:50 a.m. Wednesday. The students were suspended from school, according to a Goshen police report.
Dog bites child
Elkhart County police said an 11-year-old child was bitten by a pitbull mix in the 57000 block of C.R. 117, Goshen. The incident took place around 6 p.m. Wednesday. Police said the owner, Robert Simmons, had failed to vaccinate the dog. He was cited and released.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Eldon Yoder of Goshen told Goshen police Wednesday that someone damaged a window on his vehicle while the automobile was parked at 224 N. Main St.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Kenneth Jablonski, 62, 57331 Phaeton Place, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a two-vehicle crash at C.R.s 17 and 14 Thursday. Police said Jablonski was driving a Ford 500 that rear-ended a stopped Chevrolet pickup truck around 3 p.m. Jablonski was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.