A Goshen man is being held on $100,000 bond after a domestic incident Saturday.
Ruben Rubio, 39, 807 N. Main St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 10 p.m. Saturday at his residence.
He was charged with domestic battery, strangulation and manufacturing methamphetamine.
As of Tuesday afternoon, he was still incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Sue Rader of Goshen told Goshen police Thursday that someone tried to break into her son’s residence in the 400 block of East Jefferson Street.
• Hazel Brant, Greencroft Boulevard, Goshen, reported several burglary incidents at her home to Goshen police Thursday.
• Police were called to a report of theft at Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., shortly before 8 p.m. Thursday. The perpetrators had fled the area before police arrived.
• Police said Triana L. Huffman, 18, 116 S. 28th St., Goshen, was arrested Thursday night after trying to take several items from Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road. She was released and issued a date to appear in court.
• Leah Sarver, Elkhart received a call from Goshen police about a theft from her vehicle at 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 10:10 p.m. Sunday. She told police a pair of sunglasses was stolen from her vehicle while she was working.
• Craig Wittrig of Topeka told LaGrange County police someone stole a white 2003 Mazda 6s four-door car between 6 p.m. Feb. 4 and 5:30 a.m. Feb. 5 from 127 E. Hillcrest Court in Topeka.
• Tracy Stouder, 310 N. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a gold ring from the residence before Saturday.
• Megan Seibert of Goshen told Goshen police someone used her identity sometime Monday.
• Steven Robbins, 214 Olive St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his bicycle while it was parked in the 1100 block of Wilson Avenue at 8 p.m. Monday.
• Charmaine Sanders of Elkhart told Goshen police someone stole her cell phone and cash from her office at Wal-Mart, 4024 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 10 p.m. Monday.
• Nikoletta Stover, 18442 Wee Acres Drive, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone stole $326 in cash and a check for $27 from her residence between 4 p.m. Saturday and 6 p.m. Sunday.
• An employee at Dutchmen RV, 16363 C.R. 138, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole a travel trailer belonging to the company from the lot between 3:30 p.m. Jan. 26 and 11 a.m. Feb. 1.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Kryston Noble-Hartzler of White Pigeon, Mich., told Goshen police his Nissan Juke was damaged while it was parked in the 300 block of South Main Street. The incident took place between 1:30 and 1:40 p.m. Thursday.
• Daniel McDonough, 21359 Morse Lane, Bristol, told Elkhart County police he found seven golf clubs in his yard that did not belong to him at 7 p.m. Feb. 4. The golf clubs were collected as found property.
• Ronnie Rogers, Edwardsburg, Mich., told Goshen police someone stole and damaged rental property he owns in Goshen sometime Feb. 2.
Battery reports and arrests
• Goshen police were called to a residence at 1508 Bashor Road in Goshen at 4:15 p.m. Sunday. A 26-year-old Goshen female told police her ex-boyfriend had entered her house and pushed her with her child present and damaged her cell phone.
• Carlos Gomez, 40, 1401 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, was arrested at his residence by Goshen police on a charge of domestic battery in the presence of a minor at 9:56 p.m. Sunday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Jose Avila, 54, 423 Arbor Court, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of being a habitual traffic violator at 1:55 p.m. Saturday. He was stopped for a traffic violation at Old U.S. Highway 33, west of Ind. 19 in Elkhart and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Bradley Sheets, 51, 60215 Missouri, Goshen, was arrested at his residence by Elkhart County police on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 6:26 p.m. Friday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Traci Knowles, 48, 1316 Goldstein Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of marijuana at 5:18 p.m. Sunday. She was stopped for a traffic violation at C.R. 17, north of C.R. 20 in Elkhart and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Nickolas Peterson, 23, 22898 C.R. 28, Goshen, was stopped for a traffic violation at C.R. 28, east of C.R. 15 in Elkhart by Elkhart County police at 11:37 p.m. Sunday. He was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence and incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.