• Paolo Diaz, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the screen and storm window at his mother’s home, 1505 James Place, Goshen, at approximately 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Melvin E. Kauffman, Goshen, told Goshen police his bicycle was stolen while at 1356 Oak Court, Goshen, at approximately midnight Sept. 21.
• Debra Jeffries, 43, 317 Middlebury St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered her locked residence at approximately 1:22 p.m. Wednesday. A case report was taken.
• Two female students at Goshen High School reported being battered by another student at 12:48 p.m. Wednesday.
• Javier Wise, an employee with Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police he received several punches to the body and was body slammed by a 14-year-old male resident at approximately 8:20 p.m. Monday.
• Elkhart County police received reports of Borden trash containers being stolen from four separate residences in the Goshen and Wakarusa area sometime between Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Locations where the thefts took place include: 25064 C.R. 40, Goshen; 15403 C.R. 44, Goshen; 66973 U.S. 33, Goshen; and 28909 C.R. 42, Wakarusa.
• Steven J. Keenan, 50, 1208 S. 14th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:32 a.m. Wednesday at his residence on a charge of felony possession of marijuana. He was booked into the county jail.
- Police News
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
Goshen firefighters battle blaze at Brookside Manor
Goshen firefighters battled a blaze at a home in Brookside Manor Mobile Home Park this morning.
The residence is located along Orchid Avenue in the park on Goshen's northwest side.
- Police respond to report of stolen tools GOSHEN -- A man was taken to a mental health facility after police responded to threats he made to harm himself and others. Goshen police blocked off Fifth Street between Madison and Jefferson Friday afternoon. For public safety reasons, other resid
- Sweepstakes phone scam reported Elkhart County Sheriff’s deputies are receiving multiple reports of a phone scam where the caller reports to be from Publisher’s Clearing House.
- 3 Amish teachers suffer carbon monoxide poisoning but survive Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday. Topeka Fire Chief Stewart Bender says the three teachers lived in the school in a rural area of LaGrange County. Bender told The
Three Amish teachers escape carbon monoxide at school
Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday.
- More Police News Headlines
- Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa