• Paolo Diaz, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the screen and storm window at his mother’s home, 1505 James Place, Goshen, at approximately 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Melvin E. Kauffman, Goshen, told Goshen police his bicycle was stolen while at 1356 Oak Court, Goshen, at approximately midnight Sept. 21.
• Debra Jeffries, 43, 317 Middlebury St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered her locked residence at approximately 1:22 p.m. Wednesday. A case report was taken.
• Two female students at Goshen High School reported being battered by another student at 12:48 p.m. Wednesday.
• Javier Wise, an employee with Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police he received several punches to the body and was body slammed by a 14-year-old male resident at approximately 8:20 p.m. Monday.
• Elkhart County police received reports of Borden trash containers being stolen from four separate residences in the Goshen and Wakarusa area sometime between Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Locations where the thefts took place include: 25064 C.R. 40, Goshen; 15403 C.R. 44, Goshen; 66973 U.S. 33, Goshen; and 28909 C.R. 42, Wakarusa.
• Steven J. Keenan, 50, 1208 S. 14th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:32 a.m. Wednesday at his residence on a charge of felony possession of marijuana. He was booked into the county jail.
- Police News
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Elkhart motorcyclist dies from injuries Michael Nunez, 33, Elkhart, died at 8 p.m. Monday from injuries he sustained in a two-vehicle collision at C.R. 6 and C.R. 13 near Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police. The crash occurred at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.According to Elkhart County police,
- More Police News Headlines
- Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber