• Paolo Diaz, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged the screen and storm window at his mother’s home, 1505 James Place, Goshen, at approximately 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Melvin E. Kauffman, Goshen, told Goshen police his bicycle was stolen while at 1356 Oak Court, Goshen, at approximately midnight Sept. 21.
• Debra Jeffries, 43, 317 Middlebury St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered her locked residence at approximately 1:22 p.m. Wednesday. A case report was taken.
• Two female students at Goshen High School reported being battered by another student at 12:48 p.m. Wednesday.
• Javier Wise, an employee with Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police he received several punches to the body and was body slammed by a 14-year-old male resident at approximately 8:20 p.m. Monday.
• Elkhart County police received reports of Borden trash containers being stolen from four separate residences in the Goshen and Wakarusa area sometime between Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Locations where the thefts took place include: 25064 C.R. 40, Goshen; 15403 C.R. 44, Goshen; 66973 U.S. 33, Goshen; and 28909 C.R. 42, Wakarusa.
• Steven J. Keenan, 50, 1208 S. 14th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 7:32 a.m. Wednesday at his residence on a charge of felony possession of marijuana. He was booked into the county jail.
- Police News
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- Two break-ins reported Police investigated calls of break-ins recently.
- Fatal crash remains under investigation Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man. Investigators are seeking information about another vehicle that might have been in the area at the time of the collision.
Police: Vehicle in fatal crash was traveling at more than 100 mph
Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man.
- No cause yet for Friday blaze No cause has been determined in the blaze firefighters say heavily damaged a home northeast of Goshen Friday night.
- Two injured in crash on Ind. 15 Two people were injured in a single-vehicle crash on Ind. 15, south of C.R. 14 near Bristol Saturday. The crash occurred at 5 p.m. According to Elkhart County police, a 2004 Ford F-150 driven by Michael Norton, 50, Colon, Mich., left the roadway and
- More Police News Headlines