An Elkhart man has died of injuries sustained in a shooting following an argument early Saturday morning in Elkhart.
According to Elkhart County police, officers were called to the Deer Creek Apartments, 2801 Toledo Road, Elkhart, at 1:29 a.m. Saturday to investigate a report of a possible shooting in Apt. 1517.
Upon arriving at the scene, officers reportedly found that two men inside the apartment had been engaged in an argument which resulted in 24-year-old Matthew Bark, Elkhart, being shot.
Bark was transported to South Bend Memorial Hospital for treatment of his injuries where he later died as a result of those injuries.
Elkhart County officers continued with the investigation and identified the second man involved in the shooting as 26-year-old Terry L. Sheets Jr., Elkhart.
Sheets Jr. was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of murder and is currently being held in the Elkhart County jail.
• Sylvia King, Goshen, told Goshen police her purse was stolen while she was at McDonald’s, 1706 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 9 a.m. Thursday.
• Maria Koshmider, a Goshen College student, told Goshen police someone made an unauthorized charge on her Interra Credit Union account on April 13 in the amount of $210.
• Juan C. Solorzano, Goshen, reported a case of identity theft to Goshen police at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
• Fawn Powell, Goshen, told Goshen police someone fraudulently filed a tax return under her son’s name at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
• Tia Broadnax, 2510 Wilden Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone forced entry into her residence when she was not home at approximately 7 a.m. Friday.
• An employee of Bowers Party Shop, 1917 Elkhart Road, told Goshen police an armed robbery occurred at the business at 10:11 p.m. Friday.
• Ashley Hughes, 26, 111 E. Fort Wayne St., Warsaw, was arrested by Goshen police at 8:51 a.m. Friday in the 1600 block of Elkhart Road on a charge of driving a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. Hughes was also reportedly found to be in possession of synthetic marijuana, though she was not charged with possession pending lab results. Hughes was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Cory A. McCloskey, 31, 28169 Moore Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at 9:56 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of West Pike Street on charges of driving a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license, possession of marijuana and an Elkhart County warrant for a traffic violation. He was booked into the county jail.