Two injured in one-car rollover crash
Two Shipshewana residents were injured Thursday in a one-vehicle crash.
At approximately 4:03 p.m. Thursday, Kyle A. Miller, 17, Shipshewana, was westbound on C.R. 2 at the east county line in his 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada when, according to a report from Elkhart County police, he lost control of the vehicle, traveling off the north side of the roadway and rolling the vehicle onto its side. The report stated Miller said he lost control of the vehicle while taking a turn.
Miller complained of pain in his head and neck, and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital along with his passenger, Jamie Mehrley, 15, Shipshewana, who complained of pain in his right arm. No citations were issued pending further investigation.
The following individuals were recently arrested on charges of drug possession:
• Nicole M. Rutledge, 21, 6010 Allendale Court, Fort Wayne, was arrested by Goshen police in the 2300 block of Lincolnway east at approximately 12:27 a.m. Friday on a charge of possession of a controlled substance. She was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Bradley LaTraverse, 26, 122 Cherokee Circle, Anderson, S.C., and David Wilks, 26, 425 S. Williams St., Bryan, Ohio, were arrested by Goshen police on charges of possession of marijuana while in the 1100 east block of Monroe Street at approximately 3 a.m. Friday. They were both transported to the Elkhart County Jail, where their bonds were set at $1,500.
• Robert S. Hashberger, 50740 Tasha Drive, Bristol, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana while in the 61000 block of Ind. 15 at approximately 8:28 p.m. Friday.
• Deborah L. Graffa, 45, 2001 Bittersweet Circle, Nappanee, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia while in the 1800 block of Westplains Drive at approximately 12:17 a.m. Saturday. She was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Elkhart County Sheriff’s officers reported the arrest of Milton Garcia, 19, 2801 Toledo Road, Elkhart, shortly after midnight Tuesday on charges of possession of marijuana and illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages. He was arrested after an incident on Hawthorne Drive at Bristol.
Crash injures two
Two people were injured in a truck-motorcycle crash at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Ind. 15, south of U.S. 20.
According to a sheriff’s department report, Orlan Overholser, 65, Goshen, drove a 2005 Ford Ranger from a driveway, headed south on Ind. 15.
He did not see an oncoming 2007 Harley-Davidson operated by Jeffrey Weldy, 26, Goshen, who was also headed south. The motorcycle struck the right side of the Ford truck, knocking off a mirror.
Weldy had cuts on his back and right arm.
His passenger, Alison Baker, 23, Goshen, had pain in her ankle, leg and right elbow. She was taken to IU Goshen Hospital for treatment.
Overholser was ticketed for failure to yield the right of way.
Mugging reported on Third Street
Rene Perea, Goshen, reported being battered and robbed in the east-west alley in the 200 block of N. Third Street at approximately 11:10 p.m. Saturday. A subsequent investigation led to the arrest of a man whose identity along with any further details have not yet been revealed as the incident is still under investigation.
• Goshen police received a report from Scott Salisbury, Goshen, that eight compact discs were stolen from his car when it was parked at 108 S. Sixth St. between 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Elsia Sanchez, 20, 1307 Deer Creek Apartments, Elkhart, on a charge of theft at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road, at 5 p.m. Wednesday. Goshen police also arrested Ronald Callahan Jr., 29, 18447 C.R. 2, Bristol, at 7:15 p.m. on a charge of theft at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road.
• Goshen police received a report of the theft of medicine from a northside home. Jacob Zajicek, 229 N. Fifth St., said medication was taken from his home sometime before 1 p.m. Wednesday.
• According to an Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department report, David Wagner reported that a lock was cut on a gate at United Trailers, 19985 C.R. 8, Bristol, and someone stole 145 aluminum wheels sometime after 4 p.m. Monday.
• Amanda Hollinger, 810 N. Sixth St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police that her ex-boyfriend stole cash, a Playstation 3 and a game and damaged her cell phone sometime between 10:45 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. Sunday. An investigation is pending.
• At approximately 6:01 p.m. Thursday, Goshen police arrested Stephanie Stouder, 18, 509 W. Franklin St., Elkhart, and Nichole Watts, 19, 1048 Middlebury St., Elkhart, on charges of theft while at Kohl’s, 3802 Midway Road. They were both transported to the Elkhart County Jail. Stouder’s bond was set at $20,000.
The following thefts were recently reported to Goshen police:
• Carmela Tenneyuque reported two car stereos were stolen from her vehicles at 813 Colonial Manor between 11 p.m. Wednesday and 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Roberto Hernandez Diaz, 209 Chicago Ave., reported his passport was stolen sometime between 2 and 4 p.m. Monday.
• Elizabeth R. Speigle, 1601 S. Eighth St., reported someone broke into her residence and stole her bicycle sometime between 6 p.m. July 22 and 7 a.m. July 23.
• Chad Goodman, 1002 S. Seventh St., reported someone took his specialized GT mountain bicycle from his backyard sometime between 10:30 a.m. and noon Thursday.
• David Wagner, 15 Brookside Manor, reported someone smashed a window out on his vehicle and stole his GPS unit sometime between 10 a.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday.
• Myriah Brown, 320 Sunset Blvd., reported a theft from her vehicle sometime between Wednesday and 11:23 a.m. Friday.
• Jim Babcock reported someone stole a 2009 Dragon Fly go-kart while it was locked up outside Sears, 2014 Lincolnway East, sometime between 7:15 p.m. Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday.
• Chad Collins, 414 Canal St., reported a bicycle was stolen from his residence sometime between 6:30 and 7 p.m. Saturday.
The following thefts were recently reported to Elkhart County police:
• A vehicle was reported stolen from 21105 U.S. 6, New Paris, at approximately 3:45 a.m. Thursday.
• Chad Stanford reported a theft from his work vehicle while at 66200 Chamfers Lane, Goshen, at approximately 6:10 a.m. Thursday.
• Vanessa Ortega, 26, 51 Springfield Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a motor vehicle without ever having obtained a license after being stopped near the intersection of Bashor Drive and Post Road at approximately 2:27 a.m. Sunday.
• Tamera L. Doran, 31, 203 Winchester Trails, Goshen, was arrested on a charge of driving with a suspended license after being stopped by Goshen police in the 1100 east block of Monroe Street at approximately 2:39 a.m. Friday. She was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Federico Resendiz, 18, 310 S. Tenth St., Goshen, was arrested on a charge of driving with a suspended license after being stopped by Goshen police near the intersection of Madison Street and 11th Street at approximately 12:25 a.m. Sunday. He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Cesar P. Marin, 27, 124 S. Silverwood Lane, Apt. C, Goshen, was arrested on a charge of driving with a suspended license while being a habitual traffic violator after being stopped by Goshen police in the 100 north block of Main Street at approximately 1:32 a.m. Sunday. He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• At approximately 3:09 p.m. Thursday, Elkhart County police stopped Eric D. Simpson, 36, 110 Blackport Drive, Goshen, on Ind. 19 near Vermont Avenue in Elkhart. He was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while being a habitual traffic violator and was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
The following individuals were recently arrested on charges of operating while intoxicated:
• Travis L. Miller, 24, 207 Garden St., Apt. A, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating while intoxicated after being stopped on Pike Street near Chicago Avenue at approximately 11:22 p.m. Saturday. He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Kathryn E. Sonner, 29, 401 W. Waterford St., Wakarusa, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating while intoxicated after being stopped on Lincoln Avenue near Seventh Street at approximately 3:49 a.m. Sunday. She was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Blaine Adkins, 72, 419 S. Third St., at 11:53 a.m. Wednesday after a traffic stop in the 200 block of South Third Street. He was arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated and booked at the county jail.