- S&P 500's record run ends NEW YORK — A run of record highs in the stock market came to an end Tuesday as the Standard & Poor's 500 index lost ground for just the second time this month. The slight loss for the index broke a four-day string of all-time highs. Shares of RadioSh
U.S. Supreme Court: Asheville, N.C., group cannot sue CTS
The United States Supreme Court ruled Monday that CTS Corp. of Elkhart cannot be sued by a group of Asheville, North Carolina-area residents over toxic pollutants on their property left from the company’s manufacturing processes.
- Skip the website? Some businesses do NEW YORK -- It's cheap. It's easy to do. And it can take less than 20 minutes to set up. Yet more than half of all small businesses still don't have a website. "It's just ridiculous," says Jim Blasingame, a small business author and radio show host.
- LG Lifeband Touch needs a purpose SEOUL, South Korea -- Smart capabilities have become the latest marketing pitch to sell more wristwatches, TVs, eyeglasses, refrigerators, cars and even toothbrushes. But have we figured out why they need to be smart? I asked myself that as I wore L
- CEO touts cruise line NEW YORK -- Getting people onboard a cruise ship can be tough. They fear bland buffets, debilitating stomach bugs and a crowd whose idea of excitement is playing canasta. Even the CEO of the world's second-biggest cruise line admits he once avoided c
- A FUSION OF FLAVORS GOSHEN -- A new Asian restaurant has opened in Goshen. Sawadee Asian Cuisine, located at 1301 Lincolnway East, the location of the former Golden Monkey restaurant, opened two weeks ago and offers Thai and Asian fusion dishes, according to manager Cin
- RV maker reports income gain Thor Industries Inc. has reported increases in sales and income for its third quarter and nine months. The company said Thursday sales from continuing operations for the third quarter of fiscal 2014 were $1.05 billion, up 13 percent from $929.8 milli
- Employers add 217K jobs WASHINGTON — U.S. employers added 217,000 jobs in May, a substantial gain for a fourth straight month, fueling hopes that the economy will accelerate after a grim start to the year. Monthly job growth has now averaged 234,000 for the past three month
- GM ousts 15 employees over ignition-switch scandal TOM KRISHER, AP Auto Writers DEE-ANN DURBIN, AP Auto Writers WARREN, Mich. (AP) — General Motors said Thursday it has forced out 15 employees for their role in the deadly ignition-switch scandal and will set up a compensation fund for crash victims,
- Wealth gap creating vacation extremes NEW YORK — Private elevators, personal shopping assistants, six-bedroom suites with their own postal codes. Even helipads. This is what the super-rich have come to expect from hotels. For others, vacation now means renting someone's apartment, a spa
- More Business Headlines