- Stocks end January with another decline NEW YORK — Stock investors were hit from all sides in January. Concerns about the global economy and U.S. company earnings, as well as turmoil in emerging markets, led major indexes to their worst month in two years. However, many investors remain ho
Pediatrics group joins Beacon system
Bristol Street Pediatric Associates will be joining Beacon Medical Group April 1.
- Solid growth brightens outlook WASHINGTON -- Consumers will spend more. Government will cut less. Businesses will invest more. And more companies will hire. Add it all up, and you can see why expectations are rising that 2014 will be the best year for the U.S. economy since the re
- Federal Reserve slows bond buying pace WASHINGTON -- The Federal Reserve is pushing ahead with a plan to shrink its bond-buying program because of a strengthening U.S. economy. It's doing so even though the prospect of reduced Fed stimulus and higher U.S. interest rates has rattled global
- Love: There's an app for that SEOUL, South Korea — If ever in doubt about your guy's commitment to a relationship, ask him if he would commit to an app. A growing number of young couples in Asia are sharing special moments in the privacy of Between, a tight networking app that li
Teacher opens store to resell education items
By day Dee Conn is a teacher. At night she is a retailer.
Conn is operating School Yard Sale at 120 N. Main St., Suite 400, Goshen, a store that sells teaching supplies on consignment.
- Electronics a good buy in winter NEW YORK -- The winter doldrums strike in January and February, but there is one silver lining: it's a great time to buy electronics. As stores clear out older merchandise and new models get introduced, good deals abound. Here's a look at what to buy
- Businesses should follow social media developments Social media has become a mainstream locale where businesses want to be present. Using social media has become an important means to connect with and get in front of an ideal audience. The typical path of a social media platform from startup, for th
- At 30, Apple's Mac still influences NEW YORK -- Look around. Many of the gadgets you see drew inspiration from the original Mac computer. Computers at the time typically required people to type in commands. Once the Mac came out 30 years ago this past Friday, people could instead navig
- Toyota shakes up foundation with Corolla makeover For decades now, the Toyota Corolla has been the default choice for millions of people who want a dependable little car. In fact, the Corolla's long-term reputation for reliability is a big reason people think of Toyota as a quality brand. It's a fou
- More Business Headlines