- Federal Reserve slows bond buying pace WASHINGTON -- The Federal Reserve is pushing ahead with a plan to shrink its bond-buying program because of a strengthening U.S. economy. It's doing so even though the prospect of reduced Fed stimulus and higher U.S. interest rates has rattled global
- Love: There's an app for that SEOUL, South Korea — If ever in doubt about your guy's commitment to a relationship, ask him if he would commit to an app. A growing number of young couples in Asia are sharing special moments in the privacy of Between, a tight networking app that li
Teacher opens store to resell education items
By day Dee Conn is a teacher. At night she is a retailer.
Conn is operating School Yard Sale at 120 N. Main St., Suite 400, Goshen, a store that sells teaching supplies on consignment.
- Electronics a good buy in winter NEW YORK -- The winter doldrums strike in January and February, but there is one silver lining: it's a great time to buy electronics. As stores clear out older merchandise and new models get introduced, good deals abound. Here's a look at what to buy
- Businesses should follow social media developments Social media has become a mainstream locale where businesses want to be present. Using social media has become an important means to connect with and get in front of an ideal audience. The typical path of a social media platform from startup, for th
- At 30, Apple's Mac still influences NEW YORK -- Look around. Many of the gadgets you see drew inspiration from the original Mac computer. Computers at the time typically required people to type in commands. Once the Mac came out 30 years ago this past Friday, people could instead navig
- Toyota shakes up foundation with Corolla makeover For decades now, the Toyota Corolla has been the default choice for millions of people who want a dependable little car. In fact, the Corolla's long-term reputation for reliability is a big reason people think of Toyota as a quality brand. It's a fou
- Goshen bank changes name GOSHEN -- Indiana Community Bank, 511 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, has been renamed as Talmer West Bank. According to Shellie Maitre, chief marketing officer with Talmer Bank and Trust, the Indiana Community Bank locations in both Goshen and Elkhart were
- Fear of slowing growth pushes down global markets Fear is back in the market. Investors are worried about slower economic growth in China, a gloomier outlook for U.S. corporate profits and an end to easy money policies in the United States and Europe. They're also fretting over country-specific trou
- Reports from China chills market NEW YORK -- U.S. stocks fell broadly Thursday after a report from China added to growing signs that the world's second-largest economy is slowing. The selling spared few companies, even those reporting solid earnings. "It's pretty ugly," said Randy F
- More Business Headlines