• Senior catcher Luke Hofsommer (Northridge) singled twice and drove in a run as the Taylor Trojans dropped a 6-4 decision to Benedictine-Spring in the NAIA National Tournament in Hunter Wright Stadium at Kingsport, Tenn. Hofsommer also had four putouts and two assists. Sophomore Daimon Buck (Northridge) was hitless in one at bat for the Trojans.
Hofsommer is one of four seniors that captured four straight Crossroads League titles and won 34 or more games each of the last four seasons.
• Senior relief pitcher Nick Cocanower (Concord) is having a noteworthy season for the Trine Thunder (25-20 overall, 17-11 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association). He has appeared in 27 games, with a 1-3 record, 10 saves and a 2.48 ERA. He has struck out 27 and walked 14 in 32 innings.
• Senior pitcher Kyle Konarski (Concord) was not involved in the decision as the Manchester Spartans lost to Franklin 8-7 in 10 innings in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference tournament championship. Konarski went four innings, allowing four hits and four earned runs. He struck out three and walked five.
Men’s Track and Field
• Trine University senior Dustin Stutzman (Westview) has been named to the all-Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association squad after finishing second in shot put (15.99 meters) and third in hammer (45.74) at the conference meet. Stutzman is a two-time all-MIAA honoree.
Women’s Track and Field
• Indianapolis sophomore Amy Walker (Wawasee) finished 19th in the 400-meter hurdles (1:14.56) at the Great Lakes Valley Conference championships at Lewis University at Romeoville, Ill.