THE GOSHEN NEWS
The Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department, along with the Berrien Springs Oronoka Township Police Department in Michigan and the FBI are seeking the public’s assistance to identify a suspect believed to be associated with three bank robberies in two states.
According to the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department, the three agencies are seeking information on a man who is believed to have robbed three banks, beginning with the Leesburg branch of Farmer’s State Bank on July 12. The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 6 foot to 6 foot 2 inches, mid-to-late 50s, wearing a ball cap and having gray or white hair and sideburns, with either a goatee or beard that appeared to come to a two-prong or fork style point.
Surveillance video also showed the suspect has a gated walk or limp and wears tennis shoes, police said.
The suspect reportedly parked a silver or gray, early to mid-1990s station wagon, possible a Chevrolet Cavalier or Ford Escort, in the area of the bank prior to the robbery, according to police.
Authorities have said that a suspect fitting this description and vehicle is believed to be involved with robberies from the Community Wide Bank of Granger and the Honor Credit Union in Berrien Springs, Mich.
Information should be directed to the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department at 574-267-5667 or anonymous tip line at 574-372-2494.
• Steve Miller, of Goshen, told Goshen police Friday his bicycle was stolen from the front porch of his home at 520 Alana Drive on Thursday.
Business computer hacked by intruder
• An employee at Sorg Dodge told Goshen police Friday that someone has been remotely accessing the dealer’s parts department computer server.
• A 19-year-old Goshen woman told Goshen police she was threatened through a Facebook message by a person she knows around 2:28 a.m. Saturday.
• Anthony Kiser, 18, of 107 S. 28th St., Goshen, was arrested Saturday around 12:17 a.m. on a charge of illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor following a fight at 621 S. Seventh St., Goshen. A 15-year-old minor was also arrested on the same charge. Both were released to their parents.
• Goshen police arrested three people following a traffic stop Saturday. Michael Hershberger, 19, 517 S. Silverwood Lane, Apt. 3, Goshen was arrested on a charge of illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage. Austin Pinkerton, 19, 1802 Windsor Lane, Goshen, was arrested on a charges of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages. Jonathan Martin, 26, 200 Maple St., Apt. L60, Millersburg, was arrested on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.