He made the list.
Up-and-coming country artist Hunter Hayes is scheduled to perform at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair July 24, the Wednesday of fair week. The announcement of the Hayes show finalizes the concert line-up for this summer’s shows on the grandstand stage.
In addition to Hayes, the concert series includes:
• Creedence Clearwater Revisited — Saturday, July 20
• Jason Crabb — Sunday, July 21
• Florida Georgia Line — Monday, July 22
• Vince Gill — Tuesday, July 23
Showtime is 8 p.m. for all concerts. Tickets for track seating go on sale May 18; prices are expected to be announced later this week. Grandstand seating is free on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hayes was named the Best New Artist of 2012 by the Country Music Association. That honor was preceded by a lifetime of musical interest by the young Hayes.
A native of Louisiana, Hayes began picking up various instruments when he was just 2 years old and joined his first band as a 4-year-old. That same year, he played accordion and sang “Jambalaya” with Hank Williams Jr. on stage.
As a 6-year-old, Hayes was cast in the Robert Duvall film “The Apostle.” Duvall gave Hayes his first guitar.
As a country performer, Hayes has appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” “Good Morning America,” “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” “The Talk,” “E! News” and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in addition to the ABC special “The CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock.” His recorded output includes “Hunter Hayes Live,” an EP that showcases Hayes in his preferred environment.
“When I get on stage, that’s my home,” Hayes said. “That’s my element, and I’m not shy anymore. That’s where I’m comfortable. Getting to play live every night, that’s what I’ve always dreamed about. ...I’m blessed beyond belief.”
The Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 19 to 27. For more information, visit the website www.4hfair.org.
He made the list.
- Breaking News
- Kulp is new Goshen softball coach Brent Kulp was hired as the new Goshen High School softball coach at Monday night’s school board meeting. He was a physical education and health teacher in the Baugo Community Schools for 18 years and head softball coach at Jimtown High School for 15 seasons. Under his direction, Jimtown earned five Northern State Conference championships, five sectional titles and two regional titles and his teams compiled an overall record of 285-133-1.
- Middlebury man burned in water heater blast â€© MIDDLEBURY — Authorities say a Middlebury man has been hospitalized after he was injured when a water heater exploded. Firefighters tell WSBT-TV the man in his 20s was trying to light a water heater that had run out of gas and used too much fuel. The
Clinton Frame leaving IN-MI Mennonite Conference over same-sex marriage
After nearly 100 years of being in the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference, Clinton Frame Mennonite Church officials announced it will be leaving because of the controversy related to same-sex marriage.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
Red Cross in urgent need of donors
The American Red Cross is facing a blood shortage, leading to an urgent need for donors of all blood types to roll up a sleeve and give.
Huron Street residents under boil order
Tuesday morning, Goshen water crews shut down the water main on Huron Street to replace a broken fire hydrant.
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management requires the Water Utility to issue a boil water order for the affected area, which is Huron Street from West Lincoln to Pike Street.
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- More Breaking News Headlines