In other business, the board:
• Approved the promotion of Goshen police officer Lloyd C. Waddell to the rank of Sergeant retroactive to Friday, Aug. 2;
• Set the hours for trick-or-treating for 2013 to be 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31.
• Awarded a contract for the demolition of 1215 Hickory Street, Goshen, to Jerry Reed Excavating LLC at a cost of $5,995. All work on the project is to be completed by Nov. 30.
• Approved the closure of the north bound lanes of Ind. 15 and U.S. 33 (Main Street) from Madison Street to Lincoln Avenue for the reconstruction of Jefferson Street from Main Street to Fifth Street. No timelimit was given for when the closures would be lifted.
• Approved a contract with Borntrager Enterprises Inc. to replace the roofs on two city lift stations located at 1711 S. 12th St. and 1101 W. Lincoln Ave. for the city’s Waste Water Treatment Plant. Total cost for the contract came to $3,475.
• Approved a contract with Right Stuff Software Corp. to replace three archaic recordkeeping processes at the city’s police department with a new employee timekeeping and scheduling software and service package. Total cost for the contract came to $7,500 for the software installation and service plus a monthly licensing fee of $600 for a term of three years.