THE GOSHEN NEWS
The public is invited to take a summer stroll along the shores of Lake Wawasee during the Syracuse-Wawasee Garden Club’s 52nd annual Garden Walk.
The event is set for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Tickets, which cost $10, will be available at each of the homes on the day of the walk. Only one ticket is required for the whole tour, but can be purchased at any of the sites. The ticket must be presented at each garden.
The homes, which are close to each other, are at:
• Grumman gardens — 11050 N. Ideal Beach Drive
• Fallon Gardens — 11054 N. Ideal Beach Drive
• Mason Gardens — 11130 N. Ideal Beach Drive
• Rapp Gardens — 6908 Waco Drive
• Collins Gardens — 11546 N. Waco Point Drive
• Ciesialka Gardens — 6769 E. Cornelius Road. This is five houses down from Wawasee Boat Co.
Walk organizers suggest starting at St. Martin de Porres Roman Catholic Church, 6941 E. Waco Drive, Syracuse, where free parking is available. Shuttle buses will be on hand to transport visitors to three of the gardens. Another two are within walking distance of the church. And participants need to drive to the sixth location.
Proceeds from the walk will help club members provide and maintain the uptown hanging baskets, flowers in all the parks, town hall and the fire station. The club members also present a scholarship to a Wawasee High School student annually.