- Local News
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence talks about his education agenda for 2014 in Corydon's First Capital Building on Tuesday. Among the initiatives he mentioned, he discussed pre-kindergarten opportunities, incentives for teachers and making vacant school buildings available to charter schools.
Pence details education agenda
CORYDON, Ind. -- Now that reform has been implemented, Gov. Mike Pence said Tuesday it's time for Indiana's legislature to focus on education innovation. Pence's address on his education agenda for 2014 in Corydon's First Capitol Building focused on
- SOUNDS OF THE SEASON
- INDOT reports slick roads in rural Northern Indiana
- Fairgrounds bike path project delayed
- NAPPANEE BOARD OF WORKS: Hardship requests heard
- Pence details education agenda
Roy E. Tyson
GOSHEN -- Roy E. Tyson, 59, passed away at 8:45 p.m. Monday at his home. He was born on July 24, 1954 in Goshen, to Oscar and Harriet (Freer) Tyson. In Benton Jan. 1, 1995, he married Mary Bradley, who survives. Also surviving are two stepchildren, E
- Janet E. DeVittorio
- Gerald L. 'Jerry' Crowl Jr.
- Arrangements pending for Dec. 12, 2013
- Pat A. Larimer
- Roy E. Tyson
PODCAST: TGN Sports Roundtable
Sports Editor David Vantress and Sports Reporter Greg Keim talk about high school basketball and wrestling in Michiana.
- Cubs send Bogusevic to Marlins for Ruggiano
- UConn hires ND assistant Diaco as football coach
- Knicks blow big lead but edge Bulls 83-78
- COLLEGE BASKETBALL: North Dakota State upsets Notre Dame
- PODCAST: TGN Sports Roundtable
MORTON MARCUS: Personal property tax evidence needed, not theoretical arguments
The Indiana General Assembly is generous when giving away the revenues of local governments. The latest scheme, advocated by the politicians wielding power at the state level, is to give a nice tax break to businesses at the expense of local governme
- FROM THE STATEHOUSE: Survey results both predictable and surprising
- EDITORIAL: Legislators should replace tax revenue
- MORTON MARCUS: Personal property tax evidence needed, not theoretical arguments
- Goshen News videos
- TGN BLOGGERS
YOU'VE GOT A BETTER IDEA?: We'll miss you, Lou
Lou Reed is shown performing at the Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago in this 2009 photo.
The latest issue of Rolling Stone arrived at my house the other day. And on the cover of the Rolling Stone was Lou Reed.
- Readers' Reliquary: Interview with author A.K. Frailey
- Saying goodbye to 'Breaking Bad'
- YOU'VE GOT A BETTER IDEA?: Remembering the Sabbath...
- The Six Questions Everyone Asks When You're Planning a Wedding
- YOU'VE GOT A BETTER IDEA?: We'll miss you, Lou
Viral video: Auburn fan's Christmas light show features Iron Bowl radio call
Auburn fan Robert Burton of Fayetteville, Ga., went all out to combine his holiday decorating with a celebration of the Tigers’ Iron Bowl win over Alabama. His Christmas light display includes a radio call of the final play in one of college football's most dramatic finishes.
December 12, 2013 1 Photo
- Judges deny chimpanzees 'personhood'
- Harvard study finds diet changes gut bacteria within a day
- Viral video: Auburn fan's Christmas light show features Iron Bowl radio call
- State News
Rejected cancer donation a blessing for Indiana woman
What started as a shocking way to raise money for breast cancer research has turned into a blessing for a local unemployed single mother of three fighting the disease.
- Law helps ensure equal access for school transfers
- Indiana children's panel eyes meth, child abuse link
- 2 Indiana plants get $15M in clean-energy credits
- Tesla opens Northern Indiana car-charging stations
- Rejected cancer donation a blessing for Indiana woman